I absolutely adore the zesty scent of Lemon essential oil, and I believe it should be a staple in all homes as it’s so multifunctional. Lemon has a super fresh and uplifting aroma (reminds me of a paper bag of lemon sherbert sweets from the corner shop when I was a little girl), and can be used in many ways from personal to household care.
Here are 5 easy ways to get you started:
1. Cleansing facial sauna for acne and blemishes: Particularly great for greasy complexions, a few drops of lemon oil added to a hot bowl of water creates a cleansing antibacterial steam to clear pores. In addition, the uplifting scent can help ease stress which is also a known trigger for spots.
2. Room deodoriser: The fresh citrus scent of lemon neutralises bad smells, without the chemicals of traditional air fresheners in a can. Add a few drops to a small spray bottle with water, shake and spray. If you add a little vodka to the mix, the scent will have extra staying power. (Or why not try our Lemon and Rosemary candle?
3. Sticky residue remover: My favourite trick for removing that super sticky glue left from old labels. A few drops cuts straight through it making it quick and easy to reuse jars and bottles
4. Sore throat remedy: Add a couple of drops to your green tea or just a hot cup of water for a naturally soothing and antibacterial throat treatment.
5. Kitchen surface cleaner: For a chemical free surface cleaner add a few drops of lemon oil to a dilution of water and unscented liquid castle soap. Naturally antibacterial, cuts through grease and grime and smells super fresh!
Have you tried lemon essential oil before? How do you like to use it?